Sunday, October 9, 2011

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

Steve Jobs' death got me back to his Stanford University Commencement speech of 2005. I really liked it in 2005. I love it even more now. I suppose I can "connect the dots", as he mentioned in the speech, a bit better now. Honestly, for me, staying foolish is much easier than staying "hungry and foolish" as Jobs exhorted in that famous speech. Maybe I should give it a shot. But going through the speech I stumbled across the "The Whole Earth Catalogue" that Jobs mentioned in the speech. If it had a cult following till mid-70's, when it closed down, I say it deserved that status. Their stuff  was truly mind-blowing. Obviously, on the way, Jobs had been doing quite a few things right--apart from dropping out of boring college courses--like reading the right things.   

No comments:

Post a Comment